Technologies like artificial intelligence (AI), augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR), and sophisticated analytics are offering training and development professionals new opportunities for delivering personalized training that continues to incorporate methods known to improve the learner experience, according to CompTIA’s “Workforce and Learning Trends 2020” report.
It refers to this “new blend of familiar learning and certification methods with some technological twists” as the “New Traditional” training model.
CompTIA surveyed 400 HR and learning and development (L&D) professionals to see how technology is impacting their training programs. It also spoke with experts in technology workforce development and scanned authoritative publications on training trends to produce the report. Key findings include:
- The pace of change requires agility on many fronts.
- L&D increasingly shapes strategic direction, but resources don’t always follow.
- A soft skills gap is bringing a new focus on challenges and solutions.
- Subject matter experts remain core to the learning experience.
- Talent shortages push the reskilling and upskilling envelope.
- L&D aspires to create seamless, blended experiences learners expect.
These inputs offer an interesting mix of new concerns and opportunities related to technology, as well as timeless issues (like the soft skills gap) that L&D professionals have faced for some time now. Read more here…
The post Advanced Technologies Creating New Opportunities in Training appeared first on HR Daily Advisor.
Source: HR Daily Advisor